The Business Chamber expressed deep concern about the Supreme Court of Appeal’s ruling which upheld the appeal of Nersa and Eskom against business in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Business Chamber News
Indicative of the critical water shortage in Nelson Mandela Bay, Mayor Athol Trollip has declared a local state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act.
The Business Chamber believes it appropriate to thank and acknowledge our longstanding partner and member company GMSA for its substantial support over the past number of years - not only for the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber as an organisation, but also for our member companies and the region’s economy as a whole.
Graduation of the third phase of Enterprise Development Programme participants.
New direction for Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber announced at Annual General Meeting
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber’s Board of Directors wishes to announce that Kevin Hustler will be stepping down as its Chief Executive Officer at the end of April 2017.
We are deeply concerned by the negative impact the reshuffle has already had on investor confidence, as evidenced by the significant decline in the value of the Rand.
Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship set to have an unprecedented combination of live coverage on DSTV, available live-streaming of the triathlon and a mobile app, to showcase the beauty of Nelson Mandela Bay to overseas markets.
The People’s Port Festival, hosted at the Port of Port Elizabeth by Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA), will be more than just a festival – it is the start of a mindset where residents of Nelson Mandela Bay are encouraged to take ownership of the harbour and its surrounding waterfront.
The Business Chamber welcomes the decision of Nersa to limit Eskom’s 2017 tariff increase to only 2.2%. All electricity users countrywide are set to benefit from this significantly reduced electricity price increase.
- Business Chamber responds to Supreme Court of Appeals decision
- Mayor declares local state of disaster
- Thank you to GMSA for all the years of support
- ED Programme graduates are ready for big business
- No more 'business as usual'
- Business Chamber Leadership announcement
- Grave concern over effect of Cabinet Reshuffle on Economy
- Nelson Mandela Bay is gearing up for the Standard Bank IRONMAN boost
- People's Port Festival is just the beginning
- Business Chamber welcomes massive win for electricity users