CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER VACANCY: (5 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber seeks a new Leader. One who will bring their wealth of knowledge gained from their professional career, and subsequent business ventures, to add value to this renowned NPO. The CEO will report to an independent Board of Directors.
One would describe you as a self-assured, confident, persuasive and strategic visionary who is decisive, has solid presentation and public speaking skills as well as the proven ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve their set goals.
The position would entail strategic and operational management of this dynamic NGO through ensuring efficient operations at optimum productivity. High level stakeholder engagement with Beneficiaries, Sponsors, Event Partners, Trustees and the community would be a priority. Overall strategic direction, financial administration and commercial functions would also form part of the CEO’s mandate.
It will further include directing, leading and managing the staff as well as strengthening and developing the team through continuous training and development initiatives, growing sustainability within the membership base and the enterprise development programmes, building a competitive cluster research and incubation unit as well as providing strategic leadership to promote investment and shared business development vision.
• A relevant degree/ (business related) preferably post graduate
• Minimum 10 years senior management experience and proven track record on an executive level
• Minimum 8 years thorough understanding of corporate governance, financial management, risk management and performance management principles
• Ability to demonstrate credible leadership, management of strategic partnerships and stakeholder relationship management
• In depth knowledge of the South African national economic policy frameworks and strategies, including the Public Finance Act (PFA)
• Experience in economic and enterprise development activities
• Proven business acumen, executive leadership and financial understanding
• Knowledge of research project management
• Fundraising capabilities and thorough understanding and management of SLA’s
• Proven and stable track record essential
To apply, please email email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 September 2017