Ground breaking at Coega has taken place for the R600 million FAW investment. The first phase will commence with 5,000 medium-heavy commercial vehicles, and 30,000 passenger and light commercial vehicles in subsequent phases. The assembly plant is expected to be ready in about 18 months. FAW is also investigating the automotive component industry with the possibility of sourcing parts from the region. FAW ranked 197 on the fortune Global 500 list last year and employs over 134,000 people world wide. The plant expects to employ 500 people when operational.
- Invitation to Information Sharing Meeting: Eastern Cape Natural Gas Economy Opportunities
- Solar power boost for Mandela University
- Win A Prize!
- Clerk of Works programme the first of its kind
- Vote for SA Cruise Ports in World Travel Awards 2018
- Coega Bags Its Fifth Nomination For The Year
- Coega Selected From 3 500 SEZs Around The World As A Template Of Success
- Prime Real Estate Freed Up
- The Business Chambers Enterprise Development Programme Applications Now Open!
- Shareholders Approve Name Change to Absa Group Limited