More than 500 trainees complete courses in various aspects of marine and port operations
Posts tagged “Maritime”
Attending a seminar on the national maritime sector cluster development involving thought leaders mostly from South Africa and Norway, Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber CEO Kevin Hustler comments on exactly why the Oceans Economy is such an...
Swartz urges council to capitalise on ocean economy opportunities
BIG business in Nelson Mandela Bay has its work cut out tapping into the ocean economy, with calls made yesterday for it to attract major contracts that smaller businesses can benefit from.
FORMER navy commander and current CEO of the South African Marine Safety Association, Tsietsi Mokhele, has joined an impressive list of speakers for the Eastern Cape Maritime Summit this Friday at the Boardwalk ICC in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Mokhele, who is respected as one of the continent's greatest leaders, has been instrumental in leading a continent-wide maritime business awakening.
SITTING at the captain’s bridge of the world’s largest car carrier, Jian Zong Chen looks as if he is about to take control of an extreme gaming console
In an eight page document, Minister Molewa said that she had decided to revert the matter to the deputy director general of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries for reconsideration after certain undertakings were made.
Plans for South Africa to participate and contribute more meaningfully in the oil and gas sector are progressing smoothly. This is according to Deputy Transport Minister Sindisiwe Chikunga who was addressing the Presidential Imbizo on the...
Please take note of the following NMB Maritime Cluster Steering Committee Meetings for 2015:
• 24 February 2015
• 13 May 2015
• 20 August 2015
• 12 November 2015
Should wish to submit an application to the Marine Manufacturing Industry Innovation...
The South African International Maritime Institute (SAIMI) was launched in Nelson Mandela Bay last night, a joint initiative between the Sa Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA) and the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan University (NMMU).
- Transnet accelerates maritime skills training for the country
- Oceans Economy, an exciting growth area for Nelson Mandela Bay
- Push to develop metro as maritime hub
- Synergy sets sail on the big blue
- Top brass bring weight to Eastern Cape Maritime Sector
- World’s largest car carrier, with 8 500-vehicle capacity, visits Bay
- Victory for opponents of the Algoa Bay fish farm
- SA’s maritime industry to receive a major cash injection
- NMB Maritime Cluster Steering Committee Meetings
- International Maritime Institute launched At NMMU