Premier Phumulo Masualle says the ground-breaking scientific research into shale gas currently underway in partnership with NMMU will be finalised by December this year.
Posts tagged “Economy”
The Eastern Cape is participating in a national planning process “to develop the South African ocean economy”.
NELSON Mandela Bay stands a good chance of extending its contract to host the IRB Sevens Rugby tournament over the next four years.
The establishment of an Aquaculture Development Zone (ADZ) in Algoa Bay would “translate into a doubling of the current employment opportunities in the local fishing industry”,.
The Socio-Economic Impact Assessment for the Algoa Bay ADZ says that...
Questions about the Algoa Bay fish farm have been submitted in both the National Council of Provinces and Bhisho Legislature for next week.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Minister Senzeni Zokwana will be asked in the NCOP whether the site...
The Uitenhage-Despatch Development Initiative (UDDI) now has four additional eco-hubs under construction and at an advanced stage, although two has been halted “due to challenges regarding community leadership”.
The eco-hub initiative is a...
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) says that the transhipment function of the Port of Ngqura is “of particular interest to transnational Chinese companies seeking a base from which they can access emerging markets.
The CDC’s Annual Report...
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all items in Port Elizabeth increased by 6.2% year-on-year (y/y) in September against a national figure for all urban areas of 5.9%, according to figures released this morning by StatsSA.
As a result of the successful hosting of the event over the past three years, the South African Rugby Union (SARU) has “indicated that they will give consideration to extending the contract without opening a bidding process, if MBM is interested...
The Department of Trade and Industry has commissioned a study into the localisation opportunities that could flow from the construction of Project Mthombo, the oil refinery planned for the Coega Industrial Development Zone.
- Shale gas research will be finalised by December
- Province part of national process to develop "Blue Economy"
- Confidence on Bay retaining Sevens
- Algoa Bay ADZ Will Double Number Of Jobs In Local Fishing Industry
- Algoa Bay Fish Farm Now On NCOP And Bhisho Agendas
- UDDI Making Progress On Construction Of More Eco-Hubs In Metro
- Transhipment Hub Of Particular Interest To Chinese Companies
- Port Elizabeth Inflation Rate In September Above The National Average Rate
- Nelson Mandela Bay Could Retain Annual IRB Sevens Tournament
- Study On Localisation Economy Opportunities From Project Mthombo