MC Design and Contracting would like to advise motorists that road closure/restrictions will take place to allow a crane to lift plant and equipment from an adjacent factory in Young Park onto a flatbed, which will be parked in the westerly direction road embayment of Chase Drive, close to the corner of Keeton Road.
Posts tagged “Road & Freight”
32 road maintenance, upgrading and rehabilitation projects valued at r2,2 billion to improve national road network for growth, road safety and investment in eastern cape
The upgrading of the capacity, additional lanes and resurfacing of the N2/R72 coastal road between Port Elizabeth and East London is listed as one of the major projects in progress in the Budget Review tabled on Wednesday. The R72 was one of...
Eastern Cape Premier Noxolo Kiviet says that construction of the N2 Wild Coast Highway will start this year if matters currently before court are resolved. Delivering her State of the Province Address, the Premier said the feasibility studies had...
The South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL) has no plans at present to toll the R72 coastal road between Port Elizabeth and East London, National Transport Minister Ben Martins has told the National Assembly. Replying to a...
The Amended Final Environmental Impact Report for the Redhouse- Chelsea Arterial and the extension of Walker Drive has been published for public review for the next 30 days. Documentation on the project says that it entails the construction...
Following from the work which was started on the N2 in Novemeber 2010, SANRAL has now applied for environmental authorisation for the construction of a major interchange on the N2 at Colchester.
Source: Metro Minutes
Transport Minister Ben Martins said that with the primary focus being placed on major infrastructure projects, and with the supply shortage of bitumen due to unplanned shutdowns by oil companies, the filling of potholes might end up being...
A Basic Assessment Report for a highway rest and service facility along the N2, 13 kilometres to the west of the N2 Gateway Project, shows that there is a need for the development. The development would include a building house, convenience store,...
R367 million will be spent on the Motherwell Extension line linking it to the Coega IDZ. Source: Metro Minutes
- Road Closure – Chase Drive between Keeton Road and Uitenhage Road (R75)
- SANRAL projects blanketing 23% of national road network in Eastern Cape
- SANRAL to spend R5.3 billion on R72 coastal road upgrade
- Construction of N2 Wild Coast Road could start this year
- No plan to toll coastal road between Port Elizabeth and East London
- Final EIA report published for Redhouse-Chelsea arterial
- New major interchange planned for N2 at Colchester
- Bitumen shortage could result in filling of potholes to be put on hold
- Highway rest and service facility along the N2
- Motherwell Extension line linking it to the Coega IDZ