The Business Chamber has actively been protecting businesses’ interest in relation to critical issues which affect the economy of Nelson Mandela Bay.
Posts tagged “Eskom”
Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber President Thomas Schaefer said not only will businesses suffer because of such irrational electricity increases, but so will individual households who are struggling to make ends meet in the current recessionary environment.
The members of the BIA are employing thousands of residents in the local community and uncertainty regarding future electricity supply threatens to severely impact all businesses serviced in the area with regard to their continuity and sustainability.
The Business Chamber welcomes the decision of Nersa to limit Eskom’s 2017 tariff increase to only 2.2%. All electricity users countrywide are set to benefit from this significantly reduced electricity price increase.
As a leading business chamber in the country, the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber strongly rejects additional increases in electricity tariffs for 2016.
“Business as a whole is appreciative of Nersa’s decision to reject Eskom’s request for additional funding and keeping Eskom’s increase to 14.24%,” Clark said.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber has played an active role in protecting businesses’ interest in relation to electricity tariffs. It is the second time that the Chamber presents at a NERSA public hearing in less than two months, following the presentation at the public hearings on Eskom’s selective reopener application – which was subsequently rejected.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber welcomes the National Energy Regulator (Nersa)’s decision to reject Eskom's application to hike electricity tariffs by an additional 9.58%.
It is good news for businesses in Nelson Mandela Bay that Nersa declined an application by Eskom to raise the price of electricity from July 1 (Wednesday), particularly in the current economic climate when we can ill afforded another hike at this point in time.
THE National Electricity Regulator of SA has declined an application by Eskom to raise the price of electricity this year.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber yesterday (June 24) delivered a powerful presentation in opposition of higher electricity tariffs in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The presentation was well-received on the last day of the National Energy Regulator...
- Business Chamber challenges 2018/19 electricity tariffs
- Business Chamber responds to Constitutional Court Ruling
- BIA statement on judgement
- Business Chamber welcomes massive win for electricity users
- Business Chamber strongly rejects additional electricity increases
- Almost R300-million saved for residents and businesses in the city
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber at the forefront of the national electricity debate
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber welcomes Nersa decision
- Nersa declines Eskom tariff increase
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber fights uncompetitive electricity tariffs