The Old Mutual Flagship Education Programme’s (OMEFP’s) maths and science development project, which was launched in Bhisho three years ago, saw a significant improvement in the marks of participating Grade 11 and 12 learners, leading to a two-year R4m extension – and now the Duncan Village project, with an additional R5,5m investment over three years.
Posts tagged “Nelson Mandela University”
Former Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke was the first honorary doctorate recipient of the recently renamed and rebranded Nelson Mandela University.
Mandela University and ECDC partnership to boost EC economy through Operation Phakisa.
The Nelson Mandela University Council is delighted to announce the appointment of Ambassador, Ms Nozipho January-Bardill and Mr Siya Mhlaluka as Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson, respectively, of the institution’s highest decision-making body.
Dr Muthwa takes over the reins from outgoing Vice-Chancellor, Prof Derrick Swartz, who has served the institution with distinction for two successive terms since 2007.
The STEM project is the result of a partnership formed in 2010 between SANRAL and the NMU School of Engineering, in response to poor matric results – particularly in Science and Mathematics.
Mandela University launch a call to finish Madiba’s unfinished journey.
- Successful tablet-based maths & science programme starts in Duncan Village
- University honorary doctorate reinforces connection to Madiba
- Mandela University and ECDC partnership to boost EC economy
- Mandela University Council welcomes new members
- Nelson Mandela University appoints new VC and Principal
- Learners graduate from SANRAL and NMU maths and science programme
- Nelson Mandela University launches new name