IN the past year Coega has created almost 15 000 new jobs.
Posts tagged “Coega”
A R1.2-million deal was signed between the Coega Development Corporation (CDC) and ALE Heavylift South Africa, a heavy transport and lifting services company, for the storage of abnormal cargo in the Coega Industrial Development Zone’s (IDZ) new lay-down area. ALE Heavylift South Africa is now the first project tenant that will operate from and make use of the newly established R9 million lay-down area.
The Oliver Empowerment Awards are regarded as South Africa’s premier awards for leadership and innovation in empowerment and transformation.
“Coega proved sceptics who demonised IDZs as white elephants completely wrong,” said Pakati.
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC), operator of the Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) in Nelson Mandela Bay, today announced that Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) South Africa has signed a long term lease agreement for 8.7 hectares of land in the Coega IDZ.
PLANNED EXPANSION: The Nelson Mandela Bay Logistics Park, managed by the Coega Development Corporation (CDC), will expand to accommodate first and second tier suppliers to the automotive industry.
The purpose-built Nelson Mandela Bay Logistics...
The new 230 000 cubic metre facility will cost R2.9 billion.
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) had a job creation target of 8 797 for the 2015/16 financial year.
The project is a joint initiative by Petro-SA and Chinese State oil company Sinopec, with funding from the Industrial Development Corporation.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Training and skills development are an integral part of the Coega Development Corporations (CDC's) approach to ensuring socio-economic development in Nelson Mandela Bay and the Eastern Cape.
The Coega Development Corporation...
- Coega creates thousands of jobs in one year
- Coega welcomes first project tenant to multi-million rand lay-down area next to Ngqura port
- Coega wins Top Empowered:Public Service Award at SA’s most prestigious empowerment event
- Parliamentary committee gives positive feedback on visit to Coega
- MSC SA signs long term lease agreement & announces R50 million container depot in the Coega IDZ
- Nelson Mandela Bay Logistics Park set to grow international and national investors’ business hub
- First phase of new tank farm at Coega could be completed by 2018
- Coega identified for oil rig repairs
- Project Mthombo still on the agenda - Premier Phumulo Masualle
- Coega Development Corporation on course to meet its Job Creation Targets this year