Environmental Health practitioners in the Municipality’s Public Health Directorate are currently being trained as Law Enforcement Officers to allow them to issue spot fines to people who allow privately owned properties to become overgrown. The...
Eskom is to fund a feasibility study for waster-to-energy projects in Nelson Mandela Bay. It is anticipated that the study will start beginning of September and be completed in Frebruary next year. Source: Metro Minutes
A report submitted to the Budge and Treasury Committee states that ratepayers will be advised on the new valuations on their properties in February 2013. Source: Metro Minutes
Walmer is to get a new sub-station which will replace the one that blew up in 2008. The total cost of the new sub-station is R40 million and it is hoped that it will be operation in four years time. Source: Metro Minutes
The approval for a major development at Parsonvlei has been granted. The development will include 3,600 housing units and provision for a number of business sites. Source: Metro Minutes
The Operations Director of the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber, Samantha Venter, was last night (5 June 2012) named the winner in the Corporate Category of the Regional Business Achievers Awards of the Business Women’s Association in Port...
Habata Boerdery has been granted environmental authorisation to expand its citrus operation by 78.5 hectares. The expansion will result in an additional 70 permanent and 300 seasonal employment opportunities. Source: Provincial...
|National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) approved a new tariff for residential consumers which will benefit those who change their behaviour and reduce their energy consumption. The new tariff will apply to consumers on conventional...|
Nelson Mandela Bay’s long-standing vision of a waterfront in the Port of Port Elizabeth is moving ever closer, albeit quietly, to becoming reality.
Provincial government has allocated R3.6-million for the Mandela Bay Development Agency to develop...
The Final Scoping Report for the new tank farm in the Coega IDZ has been released. It states that it is hoped the environmental authorisation process will be completed by the end of this year. Construction would take 16 months thereafter....
- Law Enforcement Officers to issue spot fines privately owned properties that have become overgrown
- Feasibility study for waster-to-energy projects
- New property valuations known in February 2013
- New sub-station for Walmer
- Major housing development at Parsonvlei
- Chamber Operations Director a corporate winner
- Habata Boerdery granted environmental authorisation to expand citrus operations
- Electricity price increase from 1 July 2012 - use less and save more
- Business Chamber statement: Port Elizabeth’s Waterfront Development
- Final Scoping Report for the new tank farm in the Coega IDZ