Outward Trade and Investment Mission to Germany
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber, in partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry (the Dti), invites interested companies to submit applications in order to participate in an Outward Trade and Investment Mission to Germany, which is scheduled to take place October 2018.
This mission aims to increase bilateral trade and investment opportunities for Business Chamber members. This is an ideal platform for Nelson Mandela Bay based companies looking for investment opportunities by way of exporting value-added products and services or forging business linkages.
The final participants on the Mission will be screened, and selected, in line with the Dti’s Sector Specific Assistance Scheme (SSAS) guidelines and market requirements.
The overarching purpose of the Dti’s SSAS is to compensate costs in respect of activities aimed at developing emerging exporters and increase our export base.
For the purposes of the SSAS, our definition of an emerging exporter is a business or individual that:
• Is an SMME owned by person/s of South African nationality;
• Has an qualifying product or service ( as per programme guidelines);
• Has traded locally for at least 12 months;
• Must have been involved in limited or no exports.
Furthermore, applicants need to meet at least one of the following qualifying criteria:
• At least 51 % of the business must be owned by black person(s), woman and/or disabled (HDIs);
• The company or individual should have an annual turnover of less than R25 million