JOIN THE NELSON MANDELA BAY BUSINESS CHAMBER TODAY
Become a member and show your support in driving the future of business forward!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber has been the forefront of business in the Bay for over 150 years and it will continue to drive business forward with the support of our members.
10 Reasons to join the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber
1. We are your voice: The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber champions issues that affect our members’ sustainability by questioning the status quo and finding the most impactful way to deliver high impact results.
2. We are your foot in the door: We lobby and advocate on behalf of business to drive the implementation of key projects and initiatives which will positively impact and create new business opportunities in Nelson Mandela Bay.
3. We are your boxing gloves: We use persuasion and pressure to develop and grow the local economy, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by ensuring delivery in terms of key projects and milestones in Nelson Mandela Bay.
4. We are your action arm: Our Task Teams drive the critical areas of water, electricity, transport and logistics, roads and storm water, small business development and greater collaboration with the Metro, to ensure an enabling business environment is in place.
5. We are your eyes and ears: We keep our members up to date with developments in the city and connect you with other businesses in the region through networking, member-exclusive advertising and business-to-business opportunities.
6. We are your heart: As the social conscience of business in Nelson Mandela Bay, we make a difference in our communities through various ad hoc and annual corporate social responsibility campaigns by taking the lead, along with our member companies, as a socially relevant organization.
7. We are your network: Our events keep business owners and employees up to date and informed on a wide variety of topics affecting business. We host top speakers, ensuring that events are relevant and connect attendees through our networking platforms.
8. We are your business coach: We host a Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber Enterprise Development Programme that offers local small business owners an effective combination of skills development training aimed at growing small businesses.
9. We are your stamp of approval: We issue Certificates of Origin (COO) for businesses in Nelson Mandela Bay. These certificates are necessary for financial requirements such as requests by an issuing bank and EU projects. Members enjoy preferential COO Rates.
10. We are your ticket to overseas markets: We build International Relations to form a vital link between business owners and international markets, informing our members of opportunities outside our country’s borders.
Why should you become a member?
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber is a leading catalyst for economic development. It has been the heartbeat of business success in the region for over 150 years. The Business Chamber is driven by a team of dedicated volunteers and staff, lobbying on issues that affect the ease of doing business and companies' sustainability. We offer networking opportunities and value-added services. We need the support of our members in order to build the voice of business and reap the rewards for sustainable business success in an enabling environment.
Babalwa Desi, Consulting Industrial Psychologist & Managing Director of Desi Industrial Psychologists, recently signed up as a New Member of the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber. She had the following to say about her reasons for joining:
"The insights I got confirmed that this is indeed an opportune time for me to take my business to another level. I am the eternal victim of self-doubt among other things. However, the reflection enabled me to refine my view of what I have to offer business, having all the acquired industry experience and specialised training. I look forward to partnering with The Business Chamber, as we all try to influence a shift for our city to move to greater heights. At the same time I hope to leverage on all opportunities to grow my business brand as a contributor of substance in industry."
Join us today
Businesses who would like to find out more about joining the Business Chamber, can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 041 373 1122.
The Business Chamber welcomes all our existing and new members in 2017 and hope you will be part of our movement to create a competitive enabling business environment.
In a recent Membership Survey, 96% of respondents said they would recommend becoming a member of the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber to fellow businesses.
97% of respondents rated the overall effectiveness of the Business Chamber in delivering upon its objectives as either effective (65%) or highly effective (32%).
Why do our members belong to the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber?
1) Because of the Business Chamber’s lobbying and advocacy role: 13.56%
2) For the value-added services, e.g. events and networking opportunities: 26.27%
3) Because it is the authoritative voice of business in the region: 14.41%
4) All of the above: 61.86%
Business Chamber members get discounted flights through SAA