NELSON MANDELA BAY BUSINESS CHAMBER
WHAT IS A GEOGRAPHIC CLUSTER?
An apolitical group of volunteers from a common geographical area who come together (practically and financially) to address operational problems in that area/sector
WHY IS THE CLUSTER APPROACH RELEVANT?
- Members identify collective problems
- Collaborate to tackle problems together
- Pool resources (energy, time, ideas and money)
- To find and action collective solutions
- To fix the collective problems facing the cluster
- And create collective clout to lobby on important issues.
A cluster aims to:
- reduce costs, leverage resources, and increase impact
- support resurgence in Nelson Mandela Bay and
- create an environment in which it is possible to retain and grow businesses and jobs in Nelson Mandela Bay.